Specific undead resources below. More to follow. Drop suggestions in the comments.
First, a word about names. A zombie, by any other name …
- Zombiepedia: The Zombie Survival Wiki
- Zombie Research Society: colourful site full of survivalist tips and movie rankings. Takes bitcoin donations. Canada named as second safest country, after Australia.
Zombie hordes overrun mainstream media:
- “If the zombie apocalypse happens, scientists say you should head for the hills.” Kevin Loria. Business Insider (Oct. 31, 2017).
- “Zombie apocalypse would wipe out humankind in just 100 days, according to university research.” Helena Horton. The Independent (Jan. 5, 2017).
- “Scientists Agree: In Case of Zombie Outbreak, Leave the City.” Aarian Marshall. CityLab (March 3, 2015).
- If Zombies Attack, Is The Nation — Or The World — Prepared?” Forbes (
- “New study warns of the dangers of the looming zombie apocalypse.” Rachel Feltman. The Washington Post (
- “Zombie attack would be the death of us.” CBC News (
Wait, what? Who is writing about zombies?
- Zombie Outbreak Simulator, Cornell University (description)
- Trounson, Andrew. “The Hard Science Behind Surviving a Zombie Attack.” Pursuit, University of Melbourne (May 22, 2018).
- Zombie Preparedness, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Now with a graphic novel.
- Smith, Tara. “Zombie infections: epidemiology, treatment, and prevention.” BMJ (British Journal of Medicine) 2015;351:h6423 (Dec. 14, 2015).
- “The Curious World of Zombie Science.” Sarah Zielinski. The Smithsonian (April 18, 2011).
[Image: detail of Jason Thompson’s Map of Zombies]